Gluten free Items on restaurant menus in Midcoast Maine
If you have a special dietary restriction let us put together a wonderful meal for you and your friends is the attitude of many fine restaurants in Maine. Restaurants like the Kennebec Tavern in Bath Maine or Cook’s Lobster House on Bailey Island to name just a couple.
The list below identifies the items that are gluten free for your enjoyment.
Dining in MidCoast Maine will be an excellent experience no matter what you dietary restrictions are. Please let your server know your special need when you first arrive.
- Cole Slaw
- Onion Soup sweet onions sliced thin and cooked in a light broth topped with provolone cheese.
- Smokey Tomato Soup
- Mussels Tossed with white wine, garlic, thyme and butter
- Salmon wrapped Scallops Fresh sea scallops wrapped in smoked salmon oven roasted with a maple butter.
- Garden Salad Mixed green, cucumber, carrots, red onion, tomato and banana peppers
- Seasonal Fruit Salad Mixed greens and seasonal fresh fruit.
- Chef Salad roasted turkey, lean corned beef, hardboiled egg, seasonal vegetables, cheddar and bleu cheese over romaine lettuce
- Panzanella Salad romaine hearts lightly grilled with olive oil tossed with baby spinach, capers, red onion and goat cheese, finished with a balsamic glaze appetizer.
- Caesar Salad romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese tossed with Caesar dressing
Add Lobster, Beef Tenderloin or Chicken to your salad.
House Made Dressings – Balsamic vinaigrette, buttermilk bleu cheese, honey lime Dijon, ranch, cranberry jalapeno vinaigrette or thousand island.
- Lobster Roll fresh local lobster meat lightly mixed with mayonnaise on lettuce.
- Broiled Haddock
- Hell’s Gate Cajun pan blackened haddock, jalapenos and our ghost pepper sauce served open faced on red pepper flake mashed potatoes.
- Ribeye sandwich sliced grilled ribeye with spinach, pickled onions and black pepper mayo.
- Haddock or cornbeef Ruben broiled haddock, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing
- Spicy chicken grilled with chipotle seasoning, jalapeno slices, pepper jack cheese and our ghost pepper sauce.
- Scallop po”boy oven baked sea scallops with lettuce, tomato and cocktail sauce.
- Turkey club roasted turkey, applewood bacon, lettuce, tomato and cranberry mayonnaise.
- Black bean burger house made bean burger with pickled onion, banana peppers and pepper mayonnaise.
- Lobster served with baked potato and cole slaw
- Shore Dinner Served with mussels, baked potato and coleslaw.
- Grilled rib eye 12oz. cut seasoned with sea salt and black pepper served with a baked potato and roasted balsamic mushrooms
- Scallops and Asparagus Served over a parsnip mash, finished with a cranberry jalapeno vinaigrette.
- Maine haddock Broiled with tomato, leek and mushrooms and finished with a balsamic glaze served with mashed potatoes
Children’s Gluten Free Menu
- Chicken Fingers baked in the oven
- Burger on a gluten free bun
- BLT on a gluten free bun
- Hot dog no bun
Children’s Gluten free meals will come with choice of apple, carrots or yogurt and a drink.
The above menu is a sample of the Gluten Free menu at the Kennebec Tavern in Bath Maine.